Neville joined AbacusBio in 2001, coming from an extensive practical and applied science background in New Zealand and European agricultural science and agribusiness.
He has developed a variety of technological innovations in the areas of imaging technology, measurement of carcasses and meat cuts in live animals using CT and ultrasound scanning, as well as genetic evaluation of livestock and aquaculture species.
His wide-ranging experience helps him to understand the ‘big picture’, while his specific expertise and skills allow him to engage with a broad array of client needs.
His areas of focus include:
- Application of imaging and image analysis to livestock industries
- Carcass classification
- Integration of carcass traits into livestock breeding programmes
- Employing modern genetic principles to improve animal selection
- Statistical and economic modelling of technology applications
- Key role in management of Beef + Lamb New Zealand Central Progeny Test
- Beef cattle feedlot data analysis and decision making