Jason has experience in a range of areas from genetics to farm systems and agri-business. Jason is a strategic thinker with a wide range of experience in agricultural research and management in New Zealand and Australia, having held senior leadership and governance roles in R&D. He works with clients across the value chain, from on-farm through to processing and marketing, identifying opportunities for new approaches to add value to business.
As well as a broad knowledge of farming systems, Jason has special expertise in breeding and management of beef cattle and deer. His experience includes:
- Design and management of progeny test programs
- Implementation of genetic evaluation systems
- Developing guidelines and targets for livestock management systems
- Economic analysis of farm systems
- Strategic advice for breeding businesses