An excellent communicator with a global understanding of the agricultural sector, Bruno, who comes from Brazil, is widely experienced in the livestock production systems and environmental conditions of Latin America.
He joined AbacusBio in 2012 after ten years running a technical advisory service to the Brazilian sheep industry, eager to grow AbacusBio’s international client network.
Bruno is focused on promoting and disseminating breeding strategies to achieve better productivity and efficiency of lamb and dairy production, with interests in meat quality, business relationships and genetics affecting international markets.
He was awarded a PhD in 2018 from the University of New England, for his thesis on the value of information from commercial livestock in genetic improvement programmes. He also received the Chancellor's Doctoral Research Medal for his PhD, which recognises his project's application and the quality of the work.
His focus within AbacusBio is:
- business development with an emphasis on research and implementation of technology solutions for agribusiness
- development and implementation of genetic improvement programmes
- sustainable farming systems and supply chain structure
Projects involved in:
- Alliance Group Lamb Meat Quality
- Dairy National Breeding Objectives
- Potential for New Zealand lamb in South America
- Genetic Evaluation of Irish Sheep Flock
- Sheep and beef breeding
- Dairy breeding objectives
- Ani-Mate: The easiest method to minimize inbreeding
- AniCloud breeding software into Ethiopia and Tanzania